Saturday, September 21, 2013

Another fine Saturday you've gotten us into!

I'm in the heat of my new script. The subject matter is top secret, but I can say that working on it is a very exciting and disturbing process! I've probably written about 10 feature length scripts (two of which I produced: Summer People and Outtake Reel), but this is the first one I'm working on since I was inspired by Dan O'Bannon's screenplay book (for which I wrote a review in Diabolique magazine issue #15). Needless to say, Dan O'Bannon was a really good writer, and I loved the screenplay writing book that he co-penned with Matt Lohr.

The Horror Show TV, the UK company which recently made Outtake Reel available for download throughout most of the UK (I learned from my pal Colin McCracken, curator of the very groovy site Zombie Hamster, that Ireland isn't included in The Horror Show's territory), that there is a chance they are going to expand their distribution and possibly make OR available on DVD for the UK. Speaking of Zombie Hamster, Mr. McCracken did me the honor of promoting my LA Horror Community site, Horror Works, to his readers! Here is the article he created.

In other Horror Works news, I'm on the invite list to Queen Mary's Dark Harbor, once again (last year, I checked it out and wrote this coverage for Diabolique's website). It's kind of funny that working as the Editor-in-Chief of Diabolique took up so much of my time that it took me nearly a year to get around to writing part II of that article, in which I review two additional haunted attractions that I visited last year. Oh well, better late than never! Also, Ten Thirty One Productions, the company behind The Great Horror Campout and the Los Angeles Haunted Hayride has included me on their guest list for a media night.

And last but not least, Rue Morgue issue #136 features a couple of articles by yours truly! At the moment, I believe that that's all of the news that's fit to print! Until we meet again, peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment