Monday, November 25, 2013

If I were a Monday and you were a Lady...

Burning the midnight oil, again. That being the case, my mind not might be functioning fully, but I figured I had enough of a good news update that I'd put it out there before I crash and bury myself in other stuff upon waking tomorrow. So here it is: I've finished my new feature screenplay.

It's not perfect, but, after brainstorming it and starting and stopping working on it for the last couple of months, I finished the first draft a few days ago; then I went right back and wrote a second draft, which I just finished this evening. One of the things I've had on my to-do list for the last few weeks has been to create a calendar of goals for the foreseeable future, and I managed to scribble one out in between my various gigs last week. I'm already behind schedule with the script, but I'm pretty much ready to declare that I will be beginning pre-production on the new film project within the next week with a goal of shooting in January or February. That means that things are going to start getting crazy busy for me again in the very near future.

I haven't not been busy all of this month, but all of the stuff I've been doing has been at a much more laid back pace since the madness of October (what with all of the Horror Works events I attended and wrote about). In fact, I've got another one of those tomorrow night; I'll be attending a play at the Geffen Playhouse, in Westwood, called "Play Dead". It's written by Todd Robbins and Teller (of Penn and Teller), and both friends and the media have been saying that it is a really great show. Fairly recently, I attended another play on behalf of Horror Works, which was not a "proper" horror show, but I still posted my review at Horror Works, here.

Beyond that, I've been doing my best to keep up with a fairly large backlog of content for Horror Works, which includes reviewing books and starting to profile LA horror artists; however, I have to confess, there aren't enough hours in the day. For many of the events that I cover, I take so many photos that they won't all fit with the articles that I lay out on the "official" site, so I create photo albums on the Horror Works Facebook page. And sometimes I cover events (like art shows) that I don't write articles for -- I just take photos of the artists and works of art and create albums to showcase and promote the events and artists. Within those photo albums, I try to tag as many of the people as I can, but, again, too few hours sometimes results in incomplete research and incomplete tagging. Anyway, here's a link to some of those photo albums.

All right, my brain is starting to mushify, so I'm gonna sign off now. Until we meet again, I bid you peace and good will!

No comments:

Post a Comment